Today’s episode of The Lively Show is touching on a topic we haven’t covered yet: sex.
Painful sex, to be specific.
Jesse Coulter is a wife, mother, blogger (JesseCoulter.net), full-time marketing coordinator, and co-founder of the Austin-based custom furniture company, Builtwell.
In today’s show, Jesse is opening up about her struggle with painful sex throughout much of her adult life.
Jesse isn’t sharing as an “expert” or someone who “has it all figured out.” She’s simply sharing her heart and still unfolding story with us – so that those who may also be struggling with a similar journey may feel a little less alone.
I deeply hope that this show reaches those who may benefit from Jesse’s bravery. This topic is commonly kept secret, increasing the sense of isolation for those struggling with similar issues.
This episode is for anyone who struggles with painful sex, or for anyone who would like to learn more about what challenges this issue can present for those who face it.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- The handmade furniture business that Jesse and her husband, Alex, started (which Mr. Lively and I were the first customers of!).
- The circumstances that Jesse believes may have caused the symptoms and pain she now experiences during sex.
- The diagnoses that Jesse has had over the years, some she’s felt were accurate and others that were not.
- The different types of treatment that Jesse has done to treat the symptoms and their varying success.
- What Jesse believes is most effective for her now.
- What Jesse has done to overcome the frequent yeast infections that plagued her for years.
- How Jesse and her husband navigate the issues surrounding the pain Jesse experiences during sex as a couple.
- What Jesse and Alex have found helps to keep their intimacy alive.
- Jesse’s own personal relationship with sex, given the difficulties she’s faced over the years.
- What Jesse would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
Austin Moms Blog where Jesse is a contributor
Photo of the table and benches Jesse and Alex made
Wrinkle Product: Rodan + Fields Acute Care Strips
Jesse’s email address: jessercoulter(at)gmail(dot)com